As a special thank you for your fundraising efforts, you have the opportunity to win fundraising awards for reaching the following designated milestones:
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Top Online Fundraiser
- Top In-Restaurant Fundraiser
- Top Fundraiser Overall (combined online & in-restaurant)
- Top Fundraising Team (combined online & in-restaurant)
Fundraising for vital HIV prevention and care services is easy, rewarding, and fun. Use these tips to get started.
- Personalize your emails. The email templates provided in your participant center are a great starting point. Remember, writing a friend a personalized note has far more impact.
- Explain the facts. Let folks know that you will be participating in Dining Out For Life and that you need their help to reach your fundraising goal. Remind them that they have an opportunity to help prevent new HIV infections and promote health among those living with HIV. Advancement in science and medicine have changed dramatically since the 1990s, but the epidemic persists and services provided by San Francisco AIDS Foundation save lives.
- Give a deadline. It's human nature to wait until the last moment. Break your fundraising campaign up into increments and provide intermediate deadlines. Send folks frequent and charming reminders via email and on social media.
- Let them come to you. Include a link to your personal fundraising page where you can explain more about why you are taking the extra step to be involved in this cause. You can find the link here.
- Go social. Ask for support to reach your fundraising goal on your Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram. Thanking each donor on Facebook is a great way to acknowledge their gift and let others know about your fundraising effort.
- Don't forget about the sweepstakes. The Dining Out For Life sweepstakes offers donors a chance for some amazing prizes and can be the extra incentive some people need. Because folks receive more chances to win with larger donations, it's easy to make a case for a larger contribution.
Over 400 organizations in the Bay Area match their employees' donations to San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Some companies double or triple the size of charitable contributions! Your organization or your donors' organizations may be one of them. Donors should contact their HR department to see if their employer will match their donation.
Need help with your fundraising? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are happy to help!