Fundraising is a major hurdle for a lot of participants. Use these tips to get started and help San Francisco AIDS Foundation end the transmission of HIV.
- Personalize your emails. The email templates provided in your participant center are a great starting point. But, writing a friend a personalized note has far more impact.
- Explain the facts. Let folks know that you will be participating in Dining Out for Life—and that you need their help to reach your fundraising goal. Remind them that they have an opportunity to help San Francisco AIDS Foundation prevent new HIV infections and promote health among those living with HIV.
- Give them a deadline. Everyone waits until the last moment to donate. Let folks know and send them frequent and charming reminders.
- Let them come to you. Don't forget to include a link to your personal fundraising page. You can find the link here.
- Go social. Ask for support to reach your fundraising goal on your Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram. Remember to thank each individual with another Facebook post when they donate!
Over 400 organizations in the Bay Area match their employees' donations to San Francisco AIDS Foundation. Check to see if you organization is one of them. Contact your HR department for more information.
As a special thank you for your fundraising efforts, you have the opportunity to win fundraising awards (TBA!) for reaching the following designated milestones:
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Top Online Fundraiser
- Top In-Restaurant Fundraiser
- Top Fundraiser Overall (combined online & in-restaurant)
- Top Fundraising Team (combined online & in-restaurant)
Need help with your fundraising? Send us an email to email@example.com—we are happy to help!